Friday, August 6, 2010

"Your Home Away From Home"


I seemed to have been in a trance yesterday. After posting my most recent blog I started to zone out as I listened to the choir. I scanned the room around me and while looking at all the people that were in it, only me and my companion were those that I knew for certain knew the restored gospel. We both have the Holy Ghost with us, that constant "good" feeling surrounding us. My mind wasn't racing like it was before I pulled up my blog. I felt the peace I normally feel in a church meeting or while studying my scriptures, how I feel when I pray even. I pondered over this for a little while and it struck me. My blog, for me, had turned into one of the many safe places I could run to. It became a sanctuary.

We all have our personal sanctuaries. Whether it be the house we grew up in, a park, a loved ones grave, our bedroom where we kneel in prayer, or in this instance a blog. Anywhere that uplifts and inspires us to Think, Be, and Do good is a sanctuary we can go to to be more in tune with the Spirit of God. Not only can you have that cherished feeling of His Spirit with you but, with the right heart and thoughts, you can open a window of revelation that helps you make decisions, recieve promptings, and recognize blessings. Our literal Father In Heaven wants to help us, wants to be with us always. His promptings come in small simple means, but we must be focused and at peace to recognize all the loving messages He is giving us every day. What are some of your sanctuaries I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment